GHC Trust Fund Launches 2023 Big Wish Lottery
The 2023 Big Wish Lottery tickets are now on sale. This long-standing community fundraiser is back with an exciting new line-up of prize packages tailored for our community. As always, the proceeds of the Big Wish Lottery support the purchase of medical equipment at the Group Health Centre.
“We are excited to partner with several incredible local businesses to reimagine our annual Big Wish Lottery and offer our supporters the best odds to win that we could,” says Tricia Lesnick, GHC Trust Fund Manager. “This year’s draw has 19 prizes; the grand prize is a $70,000 cash prize that the winner can use to realize their Big Wish, whether it be for travel, buying a new car, renovating their home, and so much more.”
The 2023 Big Wish grand prize packages are as follows - each one is tailored to fulfill a specific wish in one’s life.
- Find your Big Wish - $70,000 cash prize.
- Local Beauty - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Savoy’s Jewellers gift card and $2,000 Laser Advantage gift card. Total value: $5,000.
- Family Space - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Storey Home Furniture & Design Group gift card and $2,000 Soo Video TV gift card. Total value: $5,000.
- Home Refresh - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Soo Mill Gift Card and $2,000 Odd Job Jacks gift card. Total value: $5,000.
- Everyday Needs - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Rome’s Independent Grocer gift card and $2,000 Esso gas card in partnership with McDougall Energy. Total value: $5,000.
- Hometown Fun - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Searchmont Resort gift card and $2,000 Soo Greyhounds gift card. Total value: $5,000.
- Body and Mind - $1,000 cash, $2,000 Algoma Bicycle Co. gift card and $2,000 Fit Bodies, Fit Minds gift card. Total value: $5,000.
Any of these prize packages are sure to make someone’s Big Wish come true. Early buyers will have additional opportunities to win as they will be entered into 12 early bird draws that will take place from Jan. 3 to 14, 2023. Each day a lucky supporter will win a $200 gift card from the local partner of that day and $50 cash. All cash prizes in the early bird draws, as well as grand prize packages two through seven, have been provided by this year’s draw sponsor, Merrett’s & Group Health Centre Pharmacies IDA.
The odds of winning a prize in this year’s Big Wish Lottery are 1 in 737. There are 14,000 tickets available and 19 prizes to win if you purchase before the early bird cut-off at 9:59 a.m. on Jan. 3, 2023. There are $103,000 in total prizes for this year’s draw.
“Although the draw has great odds and incredible prize packages, the major focus for us is still the impact that every ticket purchase brings,” says Lesnick. “We are looking at purchasing as much equipment as possible this upcoming year, and that starts with Big Wish. In 2022 we raised funds to purchase a surgical scope, an HD surgical monitor, and a bone density scanner to benefit local patients, and we plan on doing even more in 2023.”
Big Wish tickets start at $25 each, two for $45 or four for $75 and are available online. There will also be the opportunity to purchase tickets in-person throughout the month of December at select locations. The in-person ticket-selling locations will be communicated by email and on the GHC Trust Fund’s social media pages. Also, keep your eyes peeled for a flyer in your mailbox with all the prize details and the best ways to purchase your ticket that meets your personal and gift-giving needs.
Purchase your tickets at bigwishlottery.ca and find all prize details and rules on the website.
Ticket sales will end on Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. The grand prize draws (prize packages one to seven) will take place at 10 a.m. on Feb. 1, 2023. The early bird draw cut-off is Jan. 3, 2023, at 9:59 a.m., with winners announced daily from Jan. 3 to 14, 2023.
Founded in 1979, the Group Health Centre Trust Fund is a registered non-profit organization meeting the fundraising needs of the Group Health Centre, its patients, and the surrounding community of Algoma.
License number: RAF 1280047