What is Catch the Ace?
Catch the Ace is a new progressive raffle lottery with a winner every week and a growing jackpot. Every Wednesday, one lucky winner will get their own prize, plus a chance to pick a card from a standard deck. They have to pick the Ace of Spades to take home the jackpot – otherwise the game continues, and the jackpot just keeps growing. Will you be the one to “Catch the Ace”?
Where can I buy tickets for Catch the Ace?
Tickets will be available at the Machine Shop from 3pm-7pm on Wednesday nights (starting March 1). Ticket sales are cash only, but there is an ATM on site.
How much can I win?
The prizes for Catch the Ace are based on how many tickets are sold. Every Wednesday, 20% of the total ticket sales that day are set aside for the weekly winner’s prize. 30% of the day’s sales go into the progressive jackpot. The remaining 50% goes to the Group Health Centre Trust Fund. All proceeds, after administrative costs, go toward purchasing items at Group Health Centre not covered by government funding – including medical equipment and communications technology.
How do you play Catch the Ace?
Tickets for each weekly Catch the Ace draw are available starting at 3pm at the Machine Shop. Tickets will only be sold until 7pm and the draw happens at 8pm. Once the winning ticket is drawn, the winner has 30 minutes to present their winning ticket to a draw official. If the winner does not present within 30 minutes, another ticket will be drawn. Once a winner is identified, that winner is given the chance to pick a card from a standard deck of 52 – displayed in numbered envelopes. They must pick the envelope containing the Ace of Spades to win the jackpot, otherwise the card they picked is destroyed and the game continues.
Tickets are only good on the date purchased. After each weekly draw, the tickets entered into that draw are destroyed. In order to play every week, you must purchase a ticket every week.
Who can play Catch the Ace?
As per AGCO regulations, you must be over 18 years of age to purchase a ticket or claim a prize. Staff and Board Members of the Group Health Centre Trust Fund are not eligible to win.
How much are tickets for Catch the Ace?
Tickets will be sold for $5 each or 5 for $20
To ensure that Catch the Ace is a huge success, we are recruiting volunteers age 18+ to help sell tickets and assist with other duties on draw nights. There are also some positions available for students under 18 who may need volunteer hours. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Trust Fund Office at 705-759-5530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.WinningWednesdays.ca