Algoma Diabetes Education & Care
83 Willow Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6B 5B1
Phone: 705-541-2670 · Fax: 705-942-9980
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Mon - Thu 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (lunch) · Fri 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (lunch) · Sat, Sun, Holidays Closed
A collaborative team of Certified Diabetes Educators, both registered dietitians and registered nurses, a social worker, chiropodist, foot care nurse and primary care providers, utilize current clinical practice guidelines to assist both adults and children with Type 1, Type 2, Gestational Diabetes and those with Prediabetes. ADEC promotes patient self-management and provides ongoing support to the individual, their families, community agencies and healthcare providers in prevention and management of their Diabetes and Prediabetes.
We offer the following services for adults and children with Diabetes or Prediabetes:
- individual or group appointments if you are newly diagnosed with Diabetes or Prediabetes
- emergency appointments
- insulin / oral medication adjustment (with a signed medical directive)
- insulin starts; flexible insulin therapy (FIT), basal/bolus insulin therapy
- insulin pump program
- foot care and foot screening
- classes on a variety of topics including: stress/relaxation, cholesterol and label reading
- community health promotion activities and Diabetes awareness to service groups, schools and other health care agencies
ADEC is open to the general public diagnosed with Diabetes or Prediabetes. A referral from a Primary Care Provider/Healthcare Provider is preferred. Self-referrals are also accepted.