83 Willow Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6B 5B1
Phone: 705-541-2670 · Fax: 705-541-2298
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Mon - Fri 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (lunch) · Sat, Sun, Holidays Closed
What is the Cardiac Rehab Program?
Cardiac Rehab is a is a program designed to work collaboratively with physicians and other allied health professionals to provide an individualized exercise program, education and counselling using a holistic approach–caring for the whole person–to support and promote self management.
Cardiac Rehab may include:
- an interview to review your medical history and risk factors
- a medication review
- various measurements, eg: blood pressure
- an ECG and/or Stress Test
- blood tests
- supervised exercise
- nutritional counselling
- education sessions
- referral to other programs/agencies
- counselling and support in your self management efforts
Open to residents of the Algoma District who have in the past year experienced a Cardiac Event (eg: heart attack, heart surgery, heart failure, angina and arrhythmia [including pacemaker]).