Audiology: HearingLife Canada
240 McNabb St., Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6B 1Y5
Phone: 705-759-7453 · Fax: 705-759-8574
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Mon - Fri 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (lunch) · Sat, Sun Closed
Our HearingLife clinic has partnered with the Group Health Centre to give you access to the most advanced hearing aid technology, clinical support and the most up-to-date diagnostic equipment. We are a full-service hearing clinic staffed by highly trained and certified hearing healthcare professionals ready to give you professional care and on-the-spot results.
Services Provided Include:
- Comprehensive hearing assessments (Adults 18 yrs+ - free; Children 5-17 yrs *contact clinic for details)
- Audiological report sent to GP/ ENT
- Tinnitus management
- Custom moulded earplugs
- A broad selection of brand-name digital hearing aids and assistive listening devices to meet your lifestyle and budget
- Hearing aid servicing and repairs
- Counselling and Assistance
- Affordable prices and flexible payment plans
- 90 Day risk-free trial period
- Our 360-After Care Packages
Billing/Funding Options include:
- WSIB (Worker’s compensation)
- DVA (Veteran Affairs)
- NIHB (First Nations)
- ODSP (Ontario Disability)
- Private Insurance
- Other available grants
How Do I Make an Appointment for Audiology?
To make an appointment for audiology, please call our direct line at (705) 759 7453, or you can book online at hearinglife.ca.
Do I Need A Referral for Audiology?
There is no referral required for audiology services.
When Should I Get My Hearing Tested and How Often?
HearingLife encourages anyone who thinks they have a hearing loss to get their hearing tested. Those over 60 should get their hearing checked annually as hearing loss affects those 60 years of age and older the most.
What to Expect at Your Hearing Test
- Discuss hearing concerns, medical history and lifestyle factors.
- Physical ear examination- to understand if there are any medical explanations for your hearing loss.
- Comprehensive hearing assessment- which includes a series of tests such as tone, word and speech in noise tests.
- Same day verbal test results and recommended solutions/ advice.
- Referral to a physician if medically indicated.